Patients and Families
To be eligible for medical assistance in dying in Manitoba you must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be eligible for health services funded by the provincial or federal government.
- Be at least 18 years old and capable of making decisions about your health.
- Have a serious and incurable illness, disease or disability.
- Be in an advanced state of decline that cannot be reversed.
- Be suffering unbearably from your illness, disease, disability or state of decline.
- Be at a point where your natural death has become reasonably foreseeable taking into account all of your medical circumstances.
- Have made a voluntary request and have provided informed consent for medical assistance in dying free of any outside pressure or influence.