The Clinical Engineering Program mandate is to provide comprehensive healthcare technology management services that contribute to the various levels of the healthcare delivery system in the WRHA. The services encompass a wide scope of specialized areas pertaining to the management and the application of technological solutions in healthcare delivery and related systems for better patient care. The Program has a broad healthcare technology management (HTM) mandate:
- To provide HTM at all levels of patient care
- To provide management decision support at all levels of the decision making process
- To provide HTM through a wide scope of specialized technological solutions and related systems
- To collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the healthcare delivery system for better patient care and safety
- To develop and implement efficient and effective management (and support) of a wide range of medical devices and technology in the WRHA acute care hospitals and long term care facilities
- To drive excellence and innovation in systems, processes and technological solutions
- To develop innovative initiatives to support the WRHA Strategic Plan.