845 Regent Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2C 3A9
The primary care clinic at ACCESS Transcona offers screening, diagnosis, medical management and education to help patients manage diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and gestational) and other health conditions. The health care team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, a counselor, and a dietitian. If you would like to become a patient of the clinic or refer someone who is looking for a health care provider, please see below for eligibility.
Group Diabetes Management Classes are open to all Transcona residents with Type 2 Diabetes and their families. Sessions are held throughout the year (except June ‐ August, and December), and alternate between morning and evening. Please contact the clinic for class dates and times.
Individual Diabetes Management Counselling with a registered dietitian is available to any resident of the Transcona area, with a referral from your family physician.
Get Better Together! A program for living better with ongoing health conditions is delivered at this site. Get Better Together is a free 6‐week workshop designed to help Manitobans with ongoing health conditions take control of their health. An online version is also offered several times a year. For upcoming programs at locations across Winnipeg (and the province) go to: www.getbettertogether.ca or call the central registration line at 204-632-3927.
Residents of the Transcona area who have postal codes starting with R2C or R3W who do not have a family physician or Nurse Practitioner can call the Family Doctor Finder to see if you are eligible to become a patient. In Winnipeg call 204-786-7111 or Toll Free at 1-866-690-8260.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services:
- Insulin Starts
- Group Diabetes Management Classes (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Family support
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Physician (MD) or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietitian (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Mental Health/Social Worker
If you live in Manitoba and you need a family doctor, the Family Doctor Finder can help you find one. In Winnipeg call 204-786-7111 or Toll-Free at 1-866-690-8260.
Last updated: September 2018