Diabetes Canada (DC) offers a toll‐free information line that provides access to knowledgeable staff who can help with support, information and referrals related to Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. It also offers an award-winning website with numerous resources on diabetes prevention and management. Printed resources and information packages can be picked up or mailed out on request.
Join my DC today to keep up to date with the latest events, webinars and news in your community! It's as easy as 1-2-3! Go to www.diabetes.ca/mycdasignup and click on "Sign Up".
- Residents of Manitoba and Nunavut
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Screening (very basic screening is offered at health fairs and corporate wellness events)
- Learning Series Presentations consists of a suite of PowerPoint modules that can be delivered by trained volunteers or employees on topics relating to diagnosed, undiagnosed and those at risk for developing diabetes. PowerPoint and educational material are also available in versions tailored to Aboriginal peoples or low literacy levels.
- Online resources, including online video series and other information on diabetes management and prevention
- Diabetes education events; public awareness displays
- Diabetes Canada also offers: travel health insurance and credit life insurance; publications such as Diabetes Dialogue; cookbooks for sale
On‐site Service Providers Available:
- Professional and office staff
Last updated: September 2017