Foot Care Nursing Services
14 Locations – See below for details
Website: Regional Foot Care Program
Foot Care Nursing Services are available at 14 Winnipeg locations and are open to Winnipeg residents who can no longer care for their own feet and do not have extended benefits coverage. Clients may be referred by their physician or nurse practitioner or by self-referral. All inquiries and referrals should be made through the central intake line at 204-938-5900.
For those who do have extended benefits coverage, foot care nursing services can be found through the Manitoba Association of Foot Care Nurses' website at: www.footcarenurse.ca/find-a-nurse.
For those without extended benefits coverage, services are provided at the following locations:
- ACCESS NorWest, 785 Keewatin Street
- ACCESS Downtown, 640 Main Street
- ACCESS Fort Garry, 135 Plaza Drive
- ACCESS St. Boniface, 170 Goulet St.
- Klinic Community Health Centre, 870 Portage Ave
- Stradbrook Senior Centre, 400 Stradbrook Ave
- Weston Community Centre, 1625 Logan Ave
- Brooklands Senior Centre, 1960 William Ave
- Gwen Sector, 1588 Main Street
- Transcona Retired Citizen Centre, 328 Whittier Ave West
- Ivan Franco Manor, 200 McGregor Ave
- Carriage House, 535 Leila Ave
- Elmwood EK Senior Centre, 180 Poplar Ave
- Clifton Site, 1315 Strathcona Street
Open to residents of Winnipeg who can no longer care for their own feet and do not have extended benefits coverage. A referral from a physician or nurse practitioner is required. Self-referral is also available. To inquire about service at any location or to refer, please call the central intake line at 204-938-5905.
- Referral from physician (MD, nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Foot care
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on caring for your feet and other diabetes management topics)
Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Last updated: September 2017