Healthy Aging Resource Team Downtown/Point Douglas
425 Elgin Ave. (Main Floor)
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1P2
Website: Healthy Aging Resource Teams
Healthy Aging Resource Teams do community-based health promotion with adults age 55 years and older. The role of the team is to increase awareness about injury and illness prevention, and provide education and support for management of chronic diseases, including Type 2 diabetes. Healthy Aging Resource Teams consist of two health care professionals such as a nurse, occupational therapist or dietitian. Teams hold health clinics, group education workshops and events at a variety of community sites including apartment blocks, malls, seniors' centres and churches. Some individual services and referrals are also offered.
Residents of Downtown and Point Douglas age 55 years and older.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- General individual health management counseling (topics include healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes)
- Group Health Management Info Sessions (topics include healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes using Diabetes conversation Maps)
- Physical activity information and referrals
Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
Last updated: September 2018