Klinic Community Health
167 Sherbrook St.
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2B7
Klinic Community Health provides individual diabetes education and occasionally group diabetes education for Klinic clients.
Diabetes screening, diagnosis, medical management and education are provided for clients who receive their primary care at Klinic from a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
Foot Care Nursing Services are available at this site. These services are available at 15 locations throughout the city and are open to residents of Winnipeg who can no longer care for their own feet and do not have extended benefits coverage. For more information or to refer, please call the central intake line at 204-938-5905. Please see the main Foot Care Nursing page for a listing of all locations.
If you are interested in receiving primary care at Klinic, please call Family Doctor Finder at 204-786-7111.
Group diabetes education is available by self-referral or referral from your family physician. Call 204-784-4090 for an appointment. For physician offices, fax client referrals to 204-784-4013.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Foot Care
- Insulin Starts
- Annual Diabetes Complication Assessment arranged
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, foot care, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugars
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Physician (MD) or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietitian
- Mental Health/Social Worker
Foot Care Nursing Services are available at this site. These services are available at 15 locations throughout the city and are open to residents of Winnipeg who can no longer care for their own feet and do not have extended benefits coverage. For more information or to refer, please call the Central Intake Line at (204)938-5905. Please see the main foot care nursing page for a listing of all locations.
Last updated: August 2020