Mount Carmel Clinic
886 Main St
Winnipeg, MB R2W 5L4
The primary care clinic at Mount Carmel Clinic Community Health Centre offers screening, diagnosis, medical management and education to help patients manage diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and gestational) and other health conditions. The care team includes physicians, nurses, registered dietitians, social workers, pharmacists and a foot care nurse.
Group Diabetes Management Classes/Diabetes Support Group “Diabetes Drop In” Dietitian service is available to all residents in Point Douglas.
If you are interested in becoming a patient of the clinic and do not have a family physician or nurse practitioner and live in Point Douglas, please call: 204-582-2311.
Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
Available if client sees a physician or nurse practitioner at Mount Carmel Clinic:
- Foot Care
- Insulin Starts
- Annual Diabetes Complication Assessment arranged
- Group Diabetes Management Classes (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Family Supports
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Physician (MD) or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Registered Dietitian
- Mental Health/Social Worker
Last updated: September 2017