Victoria General Hospital Diabetes Education Centre
2735 Pembina Hwy
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
Victoria General Hospital Diabetes Education Centre (located in the community at 2735 Pembina Hwy) provides specialty services and/or diabetes education to patients referred by their physician or nurse practitioner. Team members include a nurse and a registered dietitian (both are diabetes educators). An endocrinologist is also available for individual consults at the request of a referring physician or nurse practitioner.
Individual Diabetes Management Counselling and Group Diabetes Management Classes are provided for adults living with Type 2 diabetes and their families with a referral from a family physician or nurse practitioner.
Residents of South Winnipeg (River Heights, Fort Garry and St. Norbert with postal codes R3N, R3M, R3L, R3T, R3V and R3Y) referred by their physician or nurse practitioner.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Group Diabetes Management Classes (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar). Persons must attend Group Sessions before attending Individual Counselling.
- Family Supports
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurse (Diabetes Educators)
- Registered Dietitian (Diabetes Educators)
Last updated: September 2017