Wellness Institute at Seven Oaks General Hospital
1075 Leila Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2P 2W7
The Wellness Institute is a leader in chronic disease prevention and management. Designed from the ground up to provide an accessible, welcoming environment, our award winning facility provides the ideal environment for lifestyle medicine.
Adults of all fitness levels visit our world-class facilities to improve and maintain their overall health and wellbeing. Through personalized fitness, nutrition, rehabilitation and lifestyle change programs, our professional staff help people to develop and implement a plan to achieve their health goals.
We offer a wide range of lifestyle medicine programming and focus on four major areas of disease prevention: fitness; diet and nutrition; weight loss; and smoking cessation.
Through our relationship with the Hospital, we are also able to accommodate individuals with a wide range of chronic conditions and help ensure the safe management and rehabilitation of their illness, improve their daily lives and even reduce emergency room visits.
Wellness Institute coordinates and delivers Get Better Together, a program for living better with ongoing health conditions. Get Better Together is a free 6‐week workshop designed to help Manitobans with ongoing health conditions take control of their health. An online version is also available.
The Wellness Institute welcomes both members and guests from the community to attend our facility and participate in programming.
Fees for certain programs. Diabetes Wellness Program and Get Better Together are free.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
- Diabetes Wellness Referral Form
- Diabetes Wellness Self-Referral Form
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
Free Diabetes Wellness Program which includes:
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, and smoking cessation)
- Group Diabetes Management Classes and Appointments (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, and basic diabetes management)
- Diabetes Exercise Program
- Foot Care Services
- Full-service fitness facility offering individual/independent exercise and group fitness classes
- Health risk assessment screening to assess readiness to exercise safely
- Weight management programs
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Physician (MD) or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietitian (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Social Worker
- Respiratory Therapist
- Kids Corner Babysitting
Last updated: September 2018