WRHA Home Care Program
496 Hargrave St.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0X7
The Home Care Program provides diabetes education and ongoing support for management of blood glucose monitoring and insulin for Home Care Program clients who are unable to access diabetes education outside the home and those who are unable to become independent with diabetes self-management.
Individuals must be a Manitoba resident, registered with Manitoba Health, require health services or assistance with activities of daily living, require service to remain safely in their homes and require more assistance than available from existing supports and community resources.
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
- Call the Home Care Intake Line: 204-788-8330
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Insulin Starts
- Complications Assessments
- Individual Diabetes Management Counselling (on topics such as healthy eating, exercise, smoking cessation, medications, complications of diabetes, and testing blood sugar)
- Family Supports
Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Registered Dietitians
Last updated: September 2018