Youville Diabetes Centre
33 Marion Street
Winnipeg, MB R2H 0S8
Youville Diabetes Centre (YDC) provides diabetes education/management for clients with Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes on prescribed medication or insulin, pregnant with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, or Gestational diabetes (GDM). YDC focus is on complex diabetes cases. This site offers a specialized Young Adult Program (YAP) for transitioned 16-25 year olds with Type 1 diabetes that are seen by an endocrinologist and educators. YDC staff consists of nurses, dietitians, and a counselor , who are certified diabetes educators (CDEs), and who provide collaborative care with the referring Primary Care Provider or Specialist. Foot care services are available at a cost. Referrals are health professional triaged, and individual or group classes are scheduled; evening appointments are available. Free parking, accessible by major bus routes.
Residents of Winnipeg, who are diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes on prescribed medication or insulin, pregnant with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, or Gestational diabetes (GDM). No prediabetes. No Type 2 diabetes lifestyle treatment only.
None (fees for foot care services only)
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) with current lab values.
- Referrals are health professional triaged.
- Referral Form
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Individual Diabetes Education/Management with nurses and dietitians, including insulin starts, insulin pump therapy, complication risk assessments
- Individual mental health counselling
- Group Type 2 Diabetes Education Classes and Cooking Classes
- Specialized Type 1 Young Adult Program (YAP) with endocrinologist and educator care
- Foot care services (fees apply)
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurses (Certified Diabetes Educators)
- Registered Dietitians (Certified Diabetes Educators)
- Endocrinologist for Young Adult program (YAP)
- Foot care nurse, podiatrist (fees apply)
Last updated September 2017