Youville Centre (St. Vital)
6‐845 Dakota Street
Winnipeg, MB R2M 5M3
Youville Centre's St Vital location provides self-management education sessions and support to adults diagnosed with Prediabetes andType 2 diabetes, who are not managed with insulin. Health professional team consists of Certified Diabetes Educator nurses, dietitians, a counsellor, and a certified exercise physiologist, who provide collaborative care with the referring Primary Care Provider. Referrals are health professional triaged, and evening sessions are available. Free parking, accessible by major bus routes.
Diabetes Self-Management Education (called the PATHWays Diabetes Program) This program includes education sessions related to the prevention and management of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. The program includes optional group exercise classes available at low cost. The PATHways Program guides participants to identify personal goals and prepare to make lifestyle changes such as healthy eating, active living, and coping with stress.
Foot Care is available to all St. Vital residents. Please note there is a cost for this service.
Adults diagnosed with Prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes who reside in St. Vital (R2M and R2N postal codes) and who are not managed with insulin.
- Self‐referral through phone/walk-in to our Ask a Nurse program
- Referral from physician (MD), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)
- Referral from other health care professional or social service agency
- Referral Form
Diabetes Care, Education and Self-Management Support Services
- Diabetes Self-Management Classes on topics such as: understanding diabetes, healthy eating, exercise, medications, complications of diabetes, blood sugar monitoring, health targets, goal setting, behaviour change, and Mindful Self Compassion
- Diabetes Exercise Classes (fee for service)
- Foot Care (fee for service)
On‐site Care and Education Service Providers Available
- Registered Nurse (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Registered Dietitian (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
Last updated: September 2017