Heart Health Essentials / Santé cardiovasculair l’essentiel
One 2-hour session
Learn steps for managing risk factors and improving heart health. Please bring your cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and a list of medications, if you can.
Get Better Together is also recommended for persons taking the Heart Health Series.
|Feb 11, 2021||Thu||6:30 – 8:30 p.m.||Virtual||204-255-4840|
A recording of this session is available here:
We are interested in your feedback. Once you have watched this recorded program, please click this link to complete our short feedback survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/HH8FZJH.
If you have questions about anything discussed, please see the Guide for a live session to attend, or contact the health professional that referred you to this program. You can also ask questions of your doctor or other regular healthcare provider.
When this session is delivered live, 2 videos are typically shown. You may wish to watch them at the following links:
- The Heart and Circulatory System - How they Work, by Mayo Clinic: youtu.be/CWFyxn0qDEU
- 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?, by Dr. Mike Evans: youtu.be/aUaInS6HIGo
Handouts related to this presentation can be found at the following links:
- Canada Food Guide: food-guide.canada.ca/en/
- Basic carbohydrate counting: guidelines.diabetes.ca/docs/patient-resources/basic-carbohydrate-counting.pdf
- Glycemic Index Food Guide: guidelines.diabetes.ca/docs/patient-resources/glycemic-index-food-guide.pdf
- Sugars and Sweeteners: guidelines.diabetes.ca/docs/patient-resources/sugars-and-sweeteners.pdf
- Alcohol and Diabetes: guidelines.diabetes.ca/docs/patient-resources/alcohol-and-diabetes.pdf
- Smart Goals Worksheet: professionals.wrha.mb.ca/old/professionals/primary-care-providers/files/smart-goals-worksheet.pdf