Mind & Body Wellness
Learn about well-being, goal setting, and physical activity. This class offers practical approaches for anyone looking to make changes but unsure where to start.
Get Better Together is also recommended for persons taking the Diabetes Series.
|Jan 14, 2021||Thu||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.||Virtual||204-477-3305|
|Feb 18, 2021||Thu||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.||Virtual||204-477-3305|
|Mar 18, 2021||Thu||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.||Virtual||204-477-3305|
A recording of this session is available here:
We are interested in your feedback. Once you have watched this recorded program, please click this link to complete our short feedback survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/HH8FZJH.
If you have questions about anything discussed, please see the Guide for a live session to attend, or contact the health professional that referred you to this program. You can also ask questions of your doctor or other regular healthcare provider.
When this session is delivered live, 2 videos are typically shown. You may wish to watch them at the following links:
- Positive Mental Health is a Laughing Matter by Sean Miller: www.wellnessnews.ca/positive-mental-health-laughing-matter/
- Let's make our day harder by Dr. Mike Evans: www.youtube.com/watch?v=whPuRLil4c0
Handouts and videos related to this presentation can be found at the following links:
- Mindfulness videos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM3eYRODNbc; www.adam.mb.ca/audio-relaxation
- Diabetes Canada Resistance Exercise Video: www.diabetes.ca/managing-my-diabetes/tools—resources/resistance-exercise-videos
- Diabetes Canada Introductory Resistance Program handout (used in the above video): www.diabetes.ca/DiabetesCanadaWebsite/media/Managing-My-Diabetes/Tools%20and%20Resources/resistance-exercise.pdf?ext=.pdf
- Winnipeg In Motion Flexibility stretches handout: winnipeginmotion.ca/wcm-docs/docs/flexibility.pdf