Community Mental Health Services
Our community mental health program includes a range of community-based programs designed to help adults experiencing mental health problems. We provide assessment, crisis intervention, counselling, consultation, referral, case management, rehabilitation and education services in a variety of settings.
Community mental health services are provided to individuals in community settings, including the individual’s home, rather than in hospitals. They focus on more than treatment of illness and symptoms by supporting the individuals to achieve personal goals and live, work, and participate in community life as they choose.
Accessing WRHA Community Mental Health Services
WRHA Services in your Community Area
WRHA Specialized Services for:
- Individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use concerns
- Individuals involved with the Criminal Justice System
- Youth (13 to 25 years) experiencing a first episode of psychosis
- Adults with multiple, complex service needs
WRHA Mental Health Support Services
The WRHA Community Mental health service offers a range of supports for individuals who are receiving other services from one of the services listed above. These include:
- Housing Support Services, to assist with finding, choosing, and keeping housing of one’s choice.
- Proctor Support Services, to help develop independent living skills,and to attend medical appointments as part of ongoing recovery goals.
Services funded by WRHA Adult Mental Health Program
The WRHA Adult Mental Health Program provides some funding to 14 community agencies to assist them to provide recovery-oriented services that promote mental health and well-being. These services fall into three broad categories:
- CMHA Winnipeg
- Clubhouse of Winnipeg Inc.
- YM/YWCA Winnipeg
- SSCOPE Inc.
- Community Therapy Services
- Jewish Child and Family Services
- Artbeat Studio