Find a Dietitian
- Dietitian Referral Form (PDF, 157 KB)
- Dietitian Referral Form Completion Guide (PDF, 237 KB)
- Dietitian Services in Winnipeg (PDF, 542 KB)
- Find a private practice dietitian in Manitoba
- Find a private practice dietitian in Canada
What is a dietitian?
Registered Dietitians are food and nutrition experts. Dietitians work in a variety of areas including: clinical nutrition in hospitals, care homes, or community settings and in food service management.
Is there a difference between a dietitian and a nutritionist?
"Sometimes yes, sometimes no! Some dietitians have a job title that includes nutritionist such as community nutritionist. To be sure you are accessing the most qualified nutrition professional, look for the initials RD or PDt (DtP in French) after the health professional’s name or ask – are you a dietitian? Dietitian is a protected title across Canada, just like physician, nurse and pharmacist. Nutritionist is also a protected title in Alberta, Quebec and Nova Scotia." - Dietitians of Canada website
Read more about the distinction between dietitians and nutritionists.