Tick Collaborative Care Service
Given the increasing burden and challenges associated with diagnosing and managing cases of possible late Lyme and/or other emerging tick borne diseases, a provincial Tick Collaborative Care (TiCC) Service has been developed.
The service aims to:
- streamline, coordinate and improve the care of this patient population
- enhance collaboration between primary care and specialists
- serve as a support and educational resource for primary care providers caring for this patient population
Criteria for referral:
- patient has a primary care provider or registered with a Home Clinic
- patient has three clinical symptoms associated with TBD (see referral form for detailed list) for more than three months
- 17 years of age or older
For patients under 17 years old, their Primary Care Providers can be connected to a pediatrician with special interest in tick borne diseases.
Referral to the service will be made by the primary care provider. If TBD is suspected and the patient meets entrance criteria, please submit a completed referral form, required blood work and additional investigations directly through an EMR or faxed to 1-204-940-1686.
For more information, please call 204-940-1975 or email email@example.com