WRHA sites submitted baseline assessments in Spring/Summer 2018. The overall results of the 11 hospital sites are summarized in the infographic below. Based on the overall WRHA baseline assessment results, sites are encouraged to work towards the following in the 2019/2020 fiscal year:
- Promote and provide a higher proportion of healthier packaged foods in vending machines and gift shops.
- Decrease the portion sizes of deep-fried foods available in cafeterias and offer healthy alternatives for deep-fried side items.
- Promote and provide healthier beverage options in cafeterias, coffee shops, vending and gift shops.
Sites will be asked to submit another self-assessment in Spring 2020. One is not required in 2019.
- Baseline Assessment 2018 Overall WRHA Results (PDF, 947 KB)
- Next Steps for WRHA Sites Phase 1 2019/2020 (PDF, 584 KB)