Access & Transition Services
The Community Mental Health Program provides services and supports to adults with severe and persistent mental health problems through a variety of service models. The Mental Health
Access Coordinator streamlines entry to the following services:
- Geographic Community Mental Health Workers who provide clinical case management throughout twelve community areas.
- Transition Coordinator who provides short-term case management to clients in transition between hospital and community sites and within community settings.
What is the role of the Access Coordinator?
- Receive completed applications from a variety of sources and screen each application in order to determine eligibility.
- Assess service needs and determine priority rating.
- Monitor and maintain contact, as needed, with clients assigned to wait lists
- Facilitate connection to alternate resources for ineligible clients
- Provide crisis intervention and urgent follow up during the screening process until services are in place.
- Liaise and consult with clients, families, and service providers to ensure continuity of care across the system.
For more information
If you have any further questions, please call the Access Coordinator at 204-940-1663.