SMILE plus Children’s Dental Program
The SMILE plus Children’s Oral Health program’s main goal is to achieve an optimal level of oral health and well being for the children in the Winnipeg Health Region.
The Children’s Oral Health program provides a full spectrum of dental services to children enrolled in several elementary schools in the Winnipeg Health Region. The services to be delivered are chosen based on evidence of achieving optimal oral health outcomes.
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and University of Manitoba, Faculty of Dentristy have partnered to compile a team of dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants to work with senior dentistry students from the Faculties of Dentistry & the School of Dental Hygiene to deliver the following services:
- Oral Health Needs Assessments
- School and Community Based Oral Health Promotion
- Dental Pit and Fissure Sealant Treatment
- Topical Fluoride Treatment
- Assertive Follow-up for Children in Need of Treatment
- School Based Clinical Treatment
More information about our services is provided below. For more details, please call the Machray School Dental Clinic at 204-940-2090 or email SmilePlusTeam@wrha.mb.ca.