Regional Pharmacy Program
The Regional Pharmacy Program provides leadership for safe, optimal and equitable medication use.
- work collaboratively with patients, families, and interprofessional teams to ensure optimal medication use;
- lead and support effective medication use systems (including formulary and technology-based systems);
- monitor and ensure optimal medication use;
- procure safe and effective medications;
- educate others about medications, medication use, medication safety, and pharmacy care,
- and continuously look for ways to improve medication use.
The Program has over 350 staff and managers with shared responsibility for about $50 million of drugs annually.
For further information about the WRHA Pharmacy Practice Residency Program, contact:
Mr. Brendon Mitchell
Director, Pharmacy Residency Program
WRHA Regional Pharmacy Program