Your right to access your information
WRHA is committed to ensuring that individuals have the information they need to be active and informed participants in their care.
Individuals have the right to:
- See and get a copy of their personal health information that we hold with limited exceptions set out in PHIA;
- Ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information; and
- Name another person who can exercise these rights on their behalf.
Individuals may speak to a member of their health care team or with the site Privacy Officer if they want to do any of the above.
Fees may be charged for examining personal health information and for providing copies. The fees are as follows:
- Access or disclosure request under PHIA $25.00
- Dates of admission & discharge (written) $15.00
- Dates of admission & discharge (verbal) No Charge
- Time of birth (written or verbal) $25.00
- Proof of birth $25.00
- Completion of forms $20.00
- Document per page $0.50/side
- Microfilm per page $0.75
- Diagnostic imaging film per sheet $6.00
- Diagnostic imaging CD/DVD $25.00