Patients with potentially life-threatening conditions should immediately phone 911.
Emergency Departments in acute care hospitals are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address the most serious and life-threatening health issues.
Call 911 or go to emergency for issues such as:
- stroke/facial weakness/ extremity weakness
- heart attack/chest pain or tightness
- unable to wake/unconscious
- sudden onset of severe headache or confusion
- seizure and/or severe head injury
- major assault such as stabbings or shootings
- severe difficulty breathing or trouble speaking
- uncontrolled or severe bleeding
- major trauma such as loss of limb
- severe allergic reaction
- severe burns
If your issue is not life-threatening, you may wait longer at an Emergency Department because more serious cases will be given priority.
Current Emergency Department Wait Times
Due to rapidly changing demands and the need to see the sickest patients first, your own wait time may be more or less than the time displayed here.
Last updated: 6:42 AM
|Health Sciences Centre - Adult
|Health Sciences Centre - Children's
|St. Boniface Hospital
What do the above numbers mean?
- Waiting = The number of patients who have not yet had an initial assessment by a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Treating = The number of patients who have had an initial assessment by a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Wait Time = The time in hours between being registered and seeing a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
Note: starting May 11, 2023, you will be asked if you'd like to voluntarily disclose your race, ethnicity and Indigenous identity as part of routine patient registration. For more information, click here.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority expressly disclaims all liability for use or reliance on of the wait time website information and for any claims, actions, demands or suits arising from such use or reliance. WRHA does not assume and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever arising from any person’s use of this website or from any person’s decision to access any of the services referred to in the website.