WRHA Central Intake for Endoscopy
Over the last 6 years the WRHA, Manitoba Health, CancerCare Manitoba, along with the Departments of Medicine and Surgery have been involved in a far-reaching and ambitious re-evaluation and redesign of Endoscopy Services within the WRHA.
Some of the main goals of the redesign are:
- To improve patient access to timely endoscopy
- To ensure patients are getting the right test for the right indication
- To improve communication, record keeping and continuity with patients and referring physicians
Central intake is based on a single-entry model which offers one point of equitable access into the health care system. Access is first determined by the appropriateness of the patient for the service and medical urgency, and secondly based on request date. The single entry services allows the region to understand the demands for scoping services ensuring that patients have access to timely services. In order to achieve this service, we have developed in conjunction with ColonCheck Manitoba, a standardized referral form which will be required to access this service.
- Endoscopy Procedure Information
- Changes to Endoscopy Form for Referring MDs (PDF, 374 KB)
- WRHA Referral Form for Endoscopy (PDF, 244 KB)
- Central Intake Patient FAQ (PDF, 507 KB)
- Central Intake Provider FAQ (PDF, 611 KB)
If you are a referring office and have questions about the referral process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.