Chronic Pain Self-Management
Please read the information below to ensure this program is right for you.
|Sept 16 – Oct 28, 2021||Thurs||1:30 – 3:00 p.m.||Virtual||204-938-5536|
|Nov 3 – Dec 15, 2021||Wed||6:00 – 7:30 p.m.||Virtual||204-940-7452|
**Please note: Session #1 is required to complete the rest of the series.**
Why should I participate in this series?
- To improve your understanding of the causes of chronic pain.
- To improve your understanding of how thoughts, feelings and behaviours are connected to the pain experience.
- To enhance your knowledge of various pain management strategies and to build your confidence in your ability to manage your pain.
- To learn new skills to improve your sense of control over your pain and to minimize the impact of pain on your life.
- To connect with and learn from others who live with chronic pain.
What will I learn about?
This series offers 7 different educational sessions:
- Pain education (*you must attend this session in order to access all others)
- Activity pacing and planning
- Cognitive strategies and mindful awareness
- Values and goal setting
- Physical activity and lifestyle
- Communication and relationships
- Medication management
Is this group right for me?
- I've lived with pain for more than 3 months.
- Pain is impacting my life in negative ways.
- I want to learn new ways to manage my pain.
- I'm comfortable in a group setting.
- I'm feeling mentally and emotionally able to participate in this group.
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this group is right for you!
This group might not be right for you if your pain is related to an acute injury that is still healing. If you're unsure if you have an injury that is still healing, you should confirm this with a healthcare provider before attending this group.