Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages
Home » Long Term Care » Supportive Housing

Supportive Housing

Supportive Housing is an option for people who can no longer manage in their own home but are not ready to move into a Personal Care Home. In Supportive Housing, people live in their own apartment within a group community setting. Meals are provided and people share a common kitchen and living area. Laundry and housekeeping services are available, as well as social and recreational activities. Some assistance with personal care is provided. 24-hour on-site support and supervision within a secure environment is available.

How do people access Supportive Housing?

People interested in Supportive Housing are assessed for eligibility by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA). To determine if you are a candidate for Supportive Housing, talk to your Home Care Case Coordinator. If you do not have a Home Care Case Coordinator, call WRHA Central Intake at 204-788-8330. If you are in hospital, talk to your health-care team.

What does Supportive Housing cost?

Cost varies depending on the site. Individuals pay the sponsor (landlord) directly for the rent and service package. Some rent geared to income sites and income-based subsidies are available for eligible individuals.

Related Links

Long Term Care Access Centre
The Long Term Care Access Centre is responsible for scheduling panel dates, ensuring clients have access to long term care services that are most appropriate to their needs and maintaining waiting lists for personal care homes/long term care programs.
Contact the Long Term Care Access Centre at 204-940-8670.

Share this page