Nutrition and Food Services
This section is under construction.
Dial-a-Dietitian is here to answer questions and provide easy-to-use advice on food and nutrition to assist Manitobans and their families to eat well, live well and stay healthy. Callers will be connected to a registered dietitian, who will help guide callers to make the best decisions based on their needs. Dial-a-Dietitian is shaping the future of eating and healthy living for all Manitobans. For more information about Dial-a-Dietitian and frequently asked questions, click here.
Call 204-788-8248 in Winnipeg
Find a dietitian
Find a dietitian: Listings, referral forms and information about what a dietitian is and their role.
Manitoba Home Nutrition Program
Manitoba Home Nutrition Program (PDF, 329 KB)
- Manitoba Home Nutrition Program Referral Form (PDF, 222 KB)
- Specialty Infant Formula Program – Overview (PDF, 53 KB)
Nutrition Topics from A to Z
Nutrition Topics from A to Z: From allergies, breastfeeding and celiac disease, to sodium, vitamins and weight gain, view information about nutrition topics in alphabetical order.
Craving Change™ (PDF, 376 KB)
Learn about what influences your food choices. Learn how to change your thinking about using food for comfort and how to make healthy changes to your eating.
- Food literacy
- Food safety
- Food security and healthy low cost meals
- Healthy recipes
- Access to food and meal programs
Community Nutrition Educator
The Community Nutrition Educator Program is a free service to support community programs and non-profit organizations with general healthy eating information.
- The Regional Distribution Facility: information on the facility that provides meals to many hospitals and long term care sites across Winnipeg.
- Living in Long Term Care: information about the nutrition services in the Winnipeg care homes.
- Going to the Hospital: information on the hospitals in Winnipeg, and what to expect from a dietitian while you are in the hospital.