Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages
Home » Psychology » Services » Child and Adolescent Consultation

Child and Adolescent Consultation

Specialized services for children and adolescents are available through the Clinical Health Psychology Child and Adolescent Consult Service.

We provide psychological (neuropsychological or psychodiagnostic) assessment to help understand how a medical condition or brain injury impacts a child's learning and behavior, or for the purpose of diagnostic clarification of developmental and mental health concerns.

We provide treatment services (individual, group, parent-mediated, and family-based modalities) focused on the management of health-related problems (pain, feeding difficulties, health worries), chronic illness adjustment and coping (including support for treatment adherence), and mental health concerns (behavior problems, anxiety) that are directly related to  a medical condition.

Key Provider(s)

Dr.  Lauren Chance

Dr.  Kylee Clayton

Dr.  Susan Doyle

Dr.  Jennifer Ducharme

Dr.  Heather MacKenzie

Dr.  Jennifer MacMullin

Dr.  Nicole Taylor


Health Sciences Centre
Phone: 204-787-7469
Fax: 204-787-4975

Referral process

Referrals from health care professionals are required.  Priority is given to referrals from other WRHA Medical Clinics. Click here for referral information.  Enquiries may also be directed to our secretary at 204-787-7469.

Psychologists from our program also participate in a number of other WRHA programs and services for children, including the following.

  • Child Development Clinic (204-258-6621)
  • Child Protection Centre (204-787-2811)
  • Diabetes Education Resource for Children and Adolescents (DERCA; 204-787-3011)
  • Eating Disorders Service (204-787-7218)
  • Gender Dysphoria Assessment and Action for Youth (GDAAY; 204-787-7435)
  • Manitoba FASD Centre (204-258-6600 or
  • Northern Connections Medical Clinic (NCMC; 204-940-8777)

Psychological services for children are available in the community, for problems that are not health-related or do not fall under the specialist services described above.

  • For school-related questions, parents may request a referral to the school psychologist by approaching the principal, resource teacher, or guidance counsellor.
  • For many mental health problems, services are available from the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Program. Parents or professionals may contact their Centralized Intake service at (204-958-9660 or
  • The names of psychologists in private practice can be found at