The Winnipeg Health Region values the contributions made by the community to the health care system. Volunteers play an important role in supporting WRHA's values of meaningful community participation and improved health and well being of individuals, families and communities. Your involvement as a WRHA volunteer strengthens and builds a healthier community!
Volunteers are engaged in a variety of ways and opportunities are available in hospitals, long term care facilities and community programs and services. Click on Apply to be a Volunteer to be directed to the site you are interested in.
- Compliment and enhance the provision of health services
- Provide opportunities for citizen participation
- Encourage public involvement and awareness of WRHA services
- Support communication between the WRHA and Winnipeg residents
- Support community development
- Support collaborative community action by both the community at large and individual citizens
- Bring new ideas, skills, insights, energy and fresh perspectives
By joining our team you can:
- Help others and strengthen your community
- Broaden your experience
- Develop teamwork and leadership abilities
- Meet new people
- Use skills and knowledge and learn new skills
- Explore a new career
- Have fun!