Applications on this site are for the WRHA Community Health and Corporate Volunteer program. Applications will only be accepted if you are applying for a role that is posted on our Current Vacancies page.
If you are inquiring regarding any other opportunities that are not posted on the current vacancies page, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in WRHA Community Health and Corporate Programs, Pan Am Clinic or the Breast Health Centre, then please proceed below. To find out what volunteers do in these areas, visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.
To volunteer at one of our facilities, please contact the site directly in which you are interested in.
- Concordia Hospital
- Deer Lodge Centre
- Grace Hospital
- Health Sciences Centre
- Misericordia Health Centre
- Riverview Health Centre
- St. Boniface Hospital
- Seven Oaks General Hospital
- Victoria Hospital
What to expect when you apply to become a WRHA volunteer
Step 1 – Applying
- Applying to volunteer is much like applying for a job. We take many factors into consideration before accepting volunteers to assist with WRHA programs. Because we take our responsibility for clients/patients seriously, we screen all applicants thoroughly. Completing your application as thoroughly as possible will help us assess your suitability for volunteering in a health care environment.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must complete the Volunteer Application Form which requires Parental/Guardian Consent. This application form can be found online or by calling our office at 204-787-5078. Note at this time there limited placements available within the WRHA Community Health & Corporate Services Volunteer Program for persons under the age of 18, please visit other WRHA facilities/sites for possible opportunities.
- Applications are kept on file for 3 months from date of receipt, only selected applicants will be contacted
Step 2 – The Interview
- Selected applicants will be contacted by a Volunteer Services staff member who may pre-screen and or arrange a date and time for an interview.
- The interview is an opportunity for us to find out more about you and for you to ask questions you may have about volunteering for the WRHA. We will discuss placements based on your interests and our program needs.
- We will also discuss expectations of volunteers and the importance of confidentiality.
Step 3 – Screening
- If you successfully passed the interview, you will be required to submit 3 references, the references will be contacted by a Volunteer Services staff member.
- Depending on the volunteer role(s) that you are interested in, a Criminal Record Check and/or a Child Abuse Registry or Adult Abuse Registry check may be required. You will be notified of any required checks during your interview.
Step 4 – The Offer
- If a successful match is made between your skills and abilities and an available position, Volunteer Services staff will provide you with a Letter of Offer identifying next steps in the onboarding process. If you decide to accept the offer, a start date will be determined.
- If you are a student getting credit hours for your volunteering, it is your responsibility to track your hours to ensure you are meeting your school's requirements.
Step 5 – Training & Orientation
- On your first day, Volunteer Services staff or your placement supervisor will provide you with a volunteer identification badge and a general orientation to the office/site where you will be volunteering. You will then receive specific training for your volunteer position. You are now ready to begin volunteering!
Applications on this site are for the WRHA Community Health and Corporate Volunteer program. Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have limited opportunities at this time. Applications will only be accepted if you are applying for a role that is posted on our Current Vacancies page.
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of our volunteer opportunities take place Monday to Friday during regular business hours with the exception of our Public and Patient Engagement Groups.
If you are applying for an opening that is listed on our current vacancy page, then please click on the link below to start the process.