WRHA Indigenous Health Work Placement Program
The Work Placement Program offers First Nations, Métis and Inuit students a chance to gain work experience in health-care settings.
Coordinated by WRHA Indigenous Health Workforce Development, students will be placed in one of the Winnipeg Health Region's facilities to gain experience as an employee of a health region.
The Work Placement Program has Summer Employment Placements available for high school and post-secondary students looking to gain work experience in with a health region.Placements are open to First Nations, Inuit and Métis students who are returning to school full-time in the fall.
- Earn money
- Experience various health-care environments
- Gain work experience
Placements are paid, full-time positions. Find out how to apply by calling 204-940-8880 for more information.
Benefits of a Placement
There are a number of reasons why you should consider applying for a placement with the Connecting Work Placement Program:
- Work experience for your resume
- A learning opportunity that can build your knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop business expertise and technical knowledge
- Networking opportunities
- References for future employment
- Improved self-confidence
- Working alongside established professionals
- Competitive hourly wage for paid placements
- Engage in cultural learning activities
Contact us for more information and how to apply.
Contact Indigenous Health - Workforce Development
Seven Oaks General Hospital, Room HD220
2300 McPhllips Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2V 3M3
Toll Free: 1-877-940-8880