Support Services to Seniors
Support Services to Seniors promotes healthy living and assists older adults by supporting community-based services and programs. These services are offered by community agencies throughout the Winnipeg Health Region.
What are the goals of the Support Services to Seniors program?
- Reducing barriers to improve and/or maintain health status,
- Fostering social and physical environments that support health and independence,
- Promoting optimal well-being through lifelong learning,
- Increasing health promotion, chronic disease management, social connectiveness,
- Preventing and/or postponing disabilities, distress, discomfort and preventable injury,
- Increasing the capacity of older adults to have meaningful control over their health and well-being.
Download the Support Services to Seniors Framework (PDF, 291 KB)