Support Services to Seniors
Support Services to Seniors offer community-based programs for seniors that promote health and well-being and assist seniors to continue to live in the community. These services are offered throughout the Winnipeg health region by a variety of community agencies.
What are the goals of the Support Services to Seniors program?
- Reducing barriers to improve and/or maintain health status,
- Fostering social and physical environments that support health and independence,
- Promoting optimal well-being through lifelong learning,
- Increasing health promotion, chronic disease management, social connectiveness,
- prevent and/or postpone disabilities, distress, discomfort and preventable injury,
- Increasing the capacity of older adults to have meaningful control over their health and well-being.
Download the Support Services to Seniors Framework (PDF, 357 KB)