Healthy Aging Resource Teams
The Healthy Aging Resource Teams are committed to:
- Promote health;
- Manage chronic disease;
- Prevent injury and illness;
- Provide health programs;
- Promote independent living; and
- Work with communities
The teams are made up of two health care professionals such as a nurse, occupational therapist, or dietitian. They provide health services and community support for those 55+ living in the River East/Transcona, St. James/Assiniboia/Assinibione South and Downtown/Point Douglas community areas.
- Information on the Healthy Aging Resource Team (PDF, 479 KB)
- Healthy Aging Resource Team Role Statement (PDF, 311 KB)
The Healthy Aging Resource Teams can help you:
- Find resources;
- Maintain and improve your health;
- Provide information about health services; and
- Learn about healthy living.
No Referrals are necessary and the Healthy Aging Resource Team can help anyone 55+ plus residing in the community area they serve.
How do I get in touch with the team in my area?
River East/Transcona Healthy Aging Resource Team
720 Henderson Highway
Winnipeg, MB R2K 0Z5
St. James/Assiniboia Assinboine South Healthy Aging Resource Team
3-203 Duffield Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0L3
Phone: 204- 940-3261
Downtown/Point Douglas Healthy Aging Resource Team
425 Elgin Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1P2