Environmental health addresses all the physical, chemical, and biological factors external to a person, and all the related factors impacting behaviours. It encompasses the assessment and control of those environmental factors that can potentially affect health. It is targeted towards preventing disease and creating health-supportive environments.
For issues pertaining to drinking water quality in the City of Winnipeg, please call 311 (click here for the 311 webpage).
For issues related to restaurants, public pools or rental housing, please call (204) 945-4204 to contact your local public health inspector.
For issues pertaining to housing concerns in the City of Winnipeg, please call 311 or e-mail< firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquiries regarding environmental health issues, please call Health Links at 204-788-8200.
- Manitoba Health Environmental Health Branch – for information on provincial environmental health programs and topics, including public health inspection services and the contact information for your local public health inspector.
- Health Canada Environmental and Workplace Health – for information on environmental health topics.
- City of Winnipeg Drinking Water information
- Radon Fact Sheet – Government of Manitoba
- Radon Test Kits for Manitoba
- Radon Aware Test Kits