Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council
The Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council will be a group of people with experience using Emergency Department services in the Winnipeg Health Region. Council members share an interest in collaborating to improve patient experience and care in the region.
The purpose of the Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council will be to:
- advise the Winnipeg Health Region on the design, delivery, improvement, and evaluation of Emergency Department services in the Region;
- enhance the patient experience;
- improve quality and integration; and
- involve the public.
- The Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council will be comprised of 10-12 members of the public.
- Members are expected to attend six meetings per year. Additional meetings may be called by the chairs.
- Members will receive appointment to the Council for three years. Members may not serve consecutive terms.
- The council will be co-chaired by the Region’s Emergency Program Director and a member of the committee to be appointed.
- If members require childcare or respite care in order to attend meetings, those costs will be reimbursed. When needed, members will receive transportation support as well.
Application and Appointment Process
Applications are accepted from the public for participation in the Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council. Members represent various social, cultural, geographic and other demographic backgrounds. Members are to have had experience using Emergency Department services in Winnipeg. The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority President and CEO appoints members once they are screened and available to the Council.
- Click here to read the Terms Of Reference (PDF, 38 KB)
The 2019 deadline has passed. Please check back for more details.
For information about the Emergency Department Patient Advisory Council, please contact:
WRHA Client Relations