Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Home » Public & Patient Engagement » Palliative, Primary and Home…

Palliative, Primary and Home Health Services Advisory Council

The Council will bring forward the perspectives of those receiving palliative care, primary care, and home care services allowing for greater collaboration between care providers from different areas of the health system, enabling joint care planning and decision making.

Membership

The Council includes a minimum of eight (8) members to a maximum of fifteen (15) members with at least 80 per cent of the council members having personal experience in relation to Palliative, Primary and/or Home Health Services s (e.g., clients, live-in caregivers). The remaining 20 per cent of members will include individuals that support a person who receives Palliative Care, Primary Care and/or Home Care Services (such as a family member) or a member of the community at large who has strong interests in improving WRHA Palliative Care, Primary Care and Home Care Programs. Efforts are made to ensure citizen and client representatives reflect the diversity of clients served by the palliative care, primary care and home care programs (from across the Winnipeg health region, seniors, people with disabilities, etc.) The Council reports to the WRHA Chief Health Operations Officer, Continuing Care and Community and is co-chaired by the Community Development & Seniors Specialist of the Integrated Palliative, Primary and Home Health Services Program and a member of the advisory council. WRHA staff members representing palliative care, primary care and home care act as meeting facilitators and support the Chairperson in their role.

Advisory Council Role

As representatives of the community, WRHA Palliative, Primary and Home Health Services Advisory Council members perform the following duties:

  • Provide feedback and advice regarding the vision and strategy for the WRHA Palliative Care, Primary Care and Home Care programs;
  • Discuss a broad range of health and human service issues that impact the lives of clients and their support networks as they access palliative care, primary care and home care services;
  • Inform the WRHA Palliative Care, Primary Care, and Home Care programs of their understanding of the needs and issues when designing and delivering these services.

We need community people

We are looking for individuals who have a personal passion for and commitment to ongoing improvements to the Palliative Care, Primary Care and Home Care programs and the quality of life of those receiving these services in order to live independently in the community. Council members may hold a volunteer position for a maximum three-year term. Selection of Council membership is done by the Palliative, Primary and Home Health Services and is based on current recruitment requirements. At minimum, each council will meet four times per year (between September and May) with a maximum of six meetings, based on agenda items.

Support for Council members

If a Council member identifies any barriers to attend meetings, staff can assist by providing transportation and caregiver support.

Interested in getting involved?

The WRHA Palliative, Primary and Home Health Services Advisory Council is seeking new council members. If you are interested in applying to work with this council, please complete the application form in the link below.

Application deadline is Friday, June 5 2020.

Download Application Form (PDF, 207 KB)

If you have questions, or would like more information about the WRHA Palliative, Primary, and Home Health Services Advisory Council, please contact Madeline Kohut, Community Development & Seniors Specialist, Integrated Palliative, Primary & Home Health Services at 204-791-7848 or mkohut@wrha.mb.ca.

Applicants invited to participate in an interview process will be contacted June. The first orientation meeting will begin in September.

You can mail, fax, or email your completed application to:

Elizabeth Premecz, Administrative Assistant
WRHA Palliative Care, Primary Care and Home Health Services Advisory Council
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
3rd Floor – 496 Hargrave Street
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0X7