Long Term Care Advisory Council
The WRHA Advisory Council for Long Term Care is a mechanism for providing input and feedback about long term care services in Winnipeg. The purpose of the council is to provide resident and family perspectives on long term care issues, initiatives and overall strategies.
- The council is made up of residents and family members who have lived experience using long term care services in Winnipeg.
- The council is comprised of approximately sixteen members.
- Members volunteer for a three-year term and attend four to six meetings a year (between September and June).
- Efforts are made to ensure that representation on council reflects the diversity of individuals served by the Long Term Care Program.
Advisory Council Role
- Members bring resident and family perspectives on a broad range of issues that impact the lives of people using long term care services in Winnipeg.
- Members provide input and feedback with respect to the planning, implementation and improvement of long term care services and other regional initiatives.
We need community people
We are looking for individuals who have lived experience using long term care services in Winnipeg.
Support for Council members
If a Council member identifies any barriers to attend meetings, staff can assist by arranging for transportation.
Interested in getting involved?
If you have questions, or would like more information about WRHA Advisory Council for Long Term Care, please contact Deborah Hildebrandt at 204-940-8708 or via e-mail to email@example.com.