Central Waitlist Coordination
Patients are moved from all WRHA hospital sites to either geriatric rehabilitation or specialized rehabilitation units in order to access the first available rehabilitation bed. The following process occurs:
- Consultation services at all hospitals place patients' names on the Central Waitlist when they are ready for rehabilitation according to the Admission Criteria (PDF, 201 KB)
- As rehabilitation beds open, patients are provided the opportunity to move from acute care to rehabilitation care via the Central Waitlist Coordinator.
Rehabilitation and Geriatrics Consultation Service
- Rehabilitation and Geriatric Clinicians, Geriatricians/Physiatrists/ Physicians provide consultation services at six acute care hospitals
- Consultation services provide communication and movement of appropriate Rehab and Geriatric patients to the first available bed through the Central Waitlist Coordinator.
Geriatric Rehabilitation Units
Download the Geriatric Rehabilitation brochure: English | French
- Located at Deer Lodge Centre (DLC), Seven Oaks General Hospital (SOGH), Victoria General Hospital (VGH)
- These inpatient services are generally focused on patients age 65 or older who require rehabilitation in order to return to their baseline function
- Geriatric Rehabilitation beds are accessed through the Central Waitlist Coordination process.
Specialized Rehabilitation Units
Download the Specialized Rehabilitation brochure: English | French
- Located at Health Sciences Centre (HSC) and Riverview Health Centre (RHC).
- HSC inpatient beds include:
- Amputee Services
- Spinal Cord Services
- Neuromusculoskeletal Services
- RHC inpatient beds include:
- Stroke Services
- Acquired Brain Injury Services